Thursday, May 27, 2010

Concert Review/Set List: LCD Soundsystem, May 26, 2010

I don't have a whole lot of time today to post about LCD Soundsystem concert last night, which was pretty spot on. Some quick moments and thoughts.
  • James Murphy has become the collective conscience of the aging hipster. Hey, don't get me wrong. Being in indie rock is always going to be a young person's game. But, when the crowd is quite possibly more over 30's than under, he really is becoming a musical voice for "my generation". Sorry, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. I must have been thinking about The Big Chill. 
  • Second Example of James Murphy's new spokesperson title: Between songs, he takes a moment to point out that a bunch of people are recording video of the show. Not that he minded, but he went further to say that they might enjoy it more if they put down the phones and just experience the moment. Even though it sounded a bit, "Back in my day, we didn't have pocket sized cameras, video recorders or phones. We had Polaroids and a pocket full of quarters and we were thankful!". Still, an astute observation.
  • After much deliberation, I may have to write a review of the new album, This Is Happening. The only thing is that everyone else already has.
  • They only played four songs from the new album. It is definitely agreed that their new album is a bit more low-key, restrained and, dare I say, mature. However, it seemed that they tried to play the songs people wanted to hear instead of songs they may have wanted to play. Check out the set list below. Then, check out a smattering of their music even further below.
Oh, and buy the new album here.
    1. Us v. Them
    2. Drunk Girls
    3. Yr City's A Sucker
    4. Pow Pow
    5. Daft Punk Is Playing At My House
    6. All I Want
    7. All My Friends
    8. I Can Change
    9. Tribulations
    10. Movement
    11. Yeah (Both Versions, sort of)
    Encore
    1. Someone Great
    2. Losing My Edge
    3. New York I Love You, But You Are Bringing Me Down (with a snippet of Empire State Of Mind)

    Losing My Edge


    Someone Great


    Home


    Drunk Girls (Holy Ghost! Remix)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment